Health, Building & Planning

If you would like information on the Dividing Fences Act or the Building Act, please call 1 300 489 099

If you propose to erect any building or out-building, alter or make additions to any existing building or out-building, demolish or remove any building or out-building, construct a swimming pool or erect a patio, pergola or the like then you need to apply for town planning development and building approval

Below you will find the list of services provided by our Health Officer, who visits the Shire of Wandering at regular intervals, and our Building Surveyor, who operates out of the Shire of Kalamunda. For more information about any of these services, contact the Shire of Wandering.

Environmental Health:

  • Disease Control
  • Effluent Disposal (Sewerage)
  • Food Handling Standards (Temporary Food Stalls)
  • Health Promotion
  • Noise Complaints
  • Pest Control
  • Rubbish and Recycling
  • Septic Tanks
  • Smoking in Public Places
  • Water Quality Analysis
  • EHA FREE Food Safety Interactive Food Safety  Training (contact Shire for discount code)

For more information surrounding environmental health, click here


  • Building Licenses
  • Disability Services
  • Second Hand Dwellings
  • Signage
  • Swimming Pool Inspections

Useful Building Links:



  • Amalgamations of Land
  • Appeals
  • Development Approvals
  • Heritage Matters
  • Land Use
  • Rural Strategy
  • Scheme Zonings
  • Subdivisions
  • Town Planning



Contact Information

Senior Environmental Health Officer
Rob Powell
Phone: 0439 951 904

Building Surveyor
Peter Hulme
Phone: 9257 9941

External Links:

Building Commission of Western Australia -